Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May!

(That's Cate with the stuffed Pooh my dad brought her yesterday for her birthday. He also picked out a stuffed Tigger. She's quite fond of both of them, as you can see her with her kisses for Pooh.)

Welcome to my favorite month of the year. And not just because my birthday is Saturday. Or because Cate's is Tuesday. Granted, those are good reasons to appreciate May. Here are some of the things I love about May ...

* It's getting warm enough to swim. And sit by a pool and read a book.

* I can put on flip flops and not have to make sure the weather forecast allows for such attire.

* That warm weather is so welcome.

* Baseball is in full force. The Cardinals are on the TV almost every night.

* TV shows are typically beefed up because they're nearing the finales. (Who knows about this season with the writer's strike and the interruption it caused.)

* Mundane tasks, like running errands, are much more enjoyable because any excuse to be outside is welcomed.

* I usually have some summer trip (This year: Hilton Head) to which I'm looking forward.

* It's light longer in the evenings (although that goes into the positive category in April too). That's a big deal for us folks on the edge of the Central Time Zone.

1 comment:

  1. I love May too! Too bad it's cool and rainy here today. :( I was looking forward to playing around in the yard.

    Happy Birthday tomorrow! Doing anything fun?

    Are you having a party for Cate?

    ReplyDelete