Friday, April 11, 2008

What is she doing?



These days, questions often come in this order:

How old is she? 11 months.

Oh, so is she walking? No, not yet, but I'm not in a hurry. She's pulling up on the coffee table and couch.

What else is she doing? She says "uh-oh" when she drops something. And sometimes she drops something so she can say "uh-oh." If you blow in her face, she'll blow back. She gives fives, although not usually high ones. She waves, especially when someone is leaving or someone she knows comes in the room. And sometimes that wave is backward, which is my favorite. She enjoys crawling in circles in her crib and playing in the blankets. She likes to "read" magazines and turn pages. And she's into pushing buttons on telephones and remote controls.

OK, so I don't say ALL of that. Usually, depending on what's happening and what's been the popular activity of the day, I say a couple of those things. But I'm telling you, my blog readers, more about what she's doing than I did the lady behind me in the check-out line at Kroger or the bank teller.

See that top picture? That's my favorite new thing: She's blowing a kiss. Right now that consists of her hand over her mouth and a little sound. But, gosh, it's cute. The secretary at the accountant's office yesterday thought so too!

And then you can see we try to entice her with a pink, plastic phone when she decides she needs to talk on the phone too. It's funny how the toy of choice varies from one day to the next. Yesterday, this phone was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment