Monday, June 18, 2007

the leave is over ...

I survived my first day back at work. Granted, I was only in the office from 7 to 11:30 a.m. But, still, it was definitely out of the routine I've developed with Cate over the last six weeks.

I think I'm going to be OK with this.

The arrangement, for those of you who don't know, is for me to go to the office in the mornings, when we're on deadline at the paper while Greg stays home with her. He can get some work done while she naps. Then I come home at lunch and we trade off. It won't be that black and white as I get back in the reporting groove, but we're just going to back switching her between the two of us (mostly) work and call in back up (friends and family who keep saying to call them when we need them!) when we need it.

Well, this is our plan while she's small. When she's more mobile, we will re-evaluate.

My attitude toward work and about work tasks is SO different now that I have this beautiful face to think about ...

No comments:

Post a Comment