Saturday, December 19, 2015

Rachel @ 3 months


When Rachel was 10 weeks just after Thanksgiving and we were in Buffalo, she slept a couple seven-hour stretches two nights in a row. (And when I say seven hours, I mean 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. or 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.!) Then it continued at home! For about a week. And this weary mom rejoiced.

And then it stopped.

Now, I'm waiting for that sleeping habit to return. Admittedly, she eats and then goes right back down, but, still ... I prefer sleeping through the night!

Even so, she smiles often and people are always commenting on what a happy baby she is. And it's true! She loves when people talk to her and reacts like she had something to say in return. Of course, we have a fifth extrovert in our family.

Speaking of family, we're obviously thrilled her adoption was finalized this past month too.

In other three-month notes, Rachel ...


  • Eats 4-7 ounces every 3-4 hours.
  • Spits up regularly, but doesn't seem to care and she's clearly growing.
  • Wears mostly 0-3 month clothes still, but that's not going to last much longer.
  • Moved up to size 2 diapers.
  • Is teething. For real. All the drool.
  • Sucks on her fingers, sometimes as a sleep aid and sometimes to address the aforementioned teething.
  • Loves her play mat and Fisher-Price seat.


Honestly, it's hard to believe a quarter of her first year is in the books and just how quickly these three months have gone. I realize that's cliche, but it's true.
_____________________

Keep up with Rachel and her growth :: One month. Two months

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment