Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Finding joy even when life changes


Way back at the beginning of the year, many bloggers chose one word to be their focus for the year, like a resolution. Mine has been JOY.

It’s a tiny word, but it’s a mighty word. God has used it to teach me and encourage me this year. Who knew three letters strung together could change my perspective?

I love this quote about joy from Kay Warren:

“Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything is going to be all right, and the determined choice to praise God in all things.”

Joy can change my perspective because joy is a choice. While circumstances change, the foundation of joy that only God can give doesn’t waiver, even when life's seasons change. {And speaking of changes ... our baby Rachel Elizabeth was born Saturday, Sept. 19! I'm excited to share more of her sweet adoption story soon. Stay tuned!}

I know this #choosingJOY idea isn't new to many my blog readers, but I'm excited to share more about it at Circles of Faith today. I'd love for you to join me there
_____________________

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment