Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Books of 2015, so far ...


I've always been a reader. I often have more than one book started, read cereal boxes and whatever other paper is sitting near, and notice typos in the world around me. I like lists too.

So in the spirit of books and lists, here's a list of the books I've read so far in 2015 ...

Fiction
  1. "Shoot the Moon" by Billie Letts
  2. "Orphan Train" by Christina Baker Kline
  3. "Sabotaged" (Alaskan Courage Book #5) by Dani Pettrey
  4. "Desire Lines" by Christina Baker Kline
  5. "Bird in Hand" by Christina Baker Kline
  6. "Buried Secrets" (Men of Valor #1) by Irene Hannon {Review}
  7. "Footsteps" by Diann Mills
  8. "Target" (FBI Denver series prequel) by Lisa Phillips
  9. "Bait" (FBI Denver #1) by Lisa Phillips
  10. "The Summer Girls" (Lowcountry Summer #1) by Mary Alice Monroe
  11. "The Summer Wind" (Lowcountry Summer #2) by Mary Alice Monroe
  12. "The Summer's End" (Lowcountry Summer #3) by Mary Alice Monroe

Non-fiction // Christianity

Non-fiction // Relationships
  1. "Team Us" by Ashleigh Slater {Review}
  2. "Mothering from Scratch: Finding the Best Parenting Style for You and Your Family" by Melinda Means & Kathy Helgemo {Review}
  3. "Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy" by Donald Miller
  4. "Nobody's Cuter Than You: A Memoir About the Beauty of Friendship" by Melanie Shankle
  5. "Women Are Scary: The Totally Awkward Adventure of Finding Mom Friends" by Melanie Dale {Related Post}

Non-fiction // Self-care
  1. "The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You" by Jessica Turner {Review}
  2. "Dashing Dish: 100 Simple & Delicious Recipes for Clean Eating" by Katie Farrell {Related Post}

If you want to keep up before I post an updated list in December, you can do that at Goodreads. I also am always accepting suggestions about what I should read next. So, tell me what I need to add to my list!
___________

Other lists of what I've read :: 2014. 2013.

Want more stories? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

6 comments:

  1. I think I need to learn how to read at a faster pace. :) So many great books! I'm in the middle of Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist and love it just as much as I did her others. Not sure what will be next on my list. I only have about 100 between what I have on Kindle and in hard copy. lol. Have a beautiful day, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor6/30/2015 6:52 PM

    I liked Bittersweet nearly as much as Bread and Wine. I still need to get her devotional. :) There are so many good books out there - don't pressure yourself to read faster or more. Just enjoy what you get to read. There's always different seasons for that kind of thing. I have lots of choices too, but I still like to add suggestions to my Amazon Wish List, which I do sometimes consult while in the library. I'm always glad to see you here, sweet friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love lists like this, Kristin. I have only read a few so have many to look into. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor7/01/2015 8:59 AM

    Hope you find plenty you enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, friend! You know I love book posts. :)

    I've spent several nights this month sitting watch at the hospital with a sick loved one, so I took my Kindle with me and read 2 really fun books:

    Fiction: Dear Mr. Knightley

    Memoir: The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle

    Earlier this year, I read The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner (improvement/self help) and Chasing God by Angie Smith (Christian non-fiction).

    2 great books I've started to read, but haven't finished --- Joni and Ken: An Untold Love Story (Memoir) and Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee (Christian nonfiction)

    I've got a million other half read Christian nonfiction books laying around the house... I usually read a chapter at a time from those, so it takes me a while to finish them... but the goal is to read 12 by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KristinHillTaylor7/12/2015 10:34 AM

    I loved The Antelope in the Living Room. Really, I've loved all of Melanie's books. So funny and insightful! Chasing God is one of my all-time favorites and I loved The Fringe Hours too. Love Idol will forever be such a life-changing book for me. You'll want to finish that one. :) Thanks sharing here - I love talking books too, obviously ... :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete