Monday, May 4, 2015

Work of Worth

Around our house, we talk about thinking beyond ourselves and helping people. There are so many ways to do that in our everyday lives.

I really love when I can shop online and make a difference in someone’s life while doing so. I used to think the whole fair trade concept was trendy. And while it is trendy, it also provides opportunities to invest in others.

I have some necklaces, bracelets, bags and T-shirts that are more than accessories. They have stories behind them. They’re handmade from people in other countries who are working to better their families and communities. They support adoptions and local artisan groups.

So when a Work of Worth representatives emailed me asking if I could help spread the word about that organization, I was intrigued with the mission and the products. I ended up ordering a set of silver-toned bangle bracelets, like the gold ones pictured below.


Worth of Work is a non-profit organization that sells jewelry, notebooks, bags, scarves and other accessories made in developing countries, helping to counteract poverty and human sex trafficking while promoting dignity for generations to come. WoW exists primarily as an import and distribution company, for the purpose of connecting entrepreneurs and businesses in the developing world to the Western market.

The result becomes people of worth who are transformed, sustainably employed, part of the changing poverty cycle, and freed from trafficking. WoW implements a vetting process to ensure that each of their partners model Work of Worth’s standard of ethical treatment of their employees.

The products online seem lovely. I actually wanted to order more, but some of the items that interested me were sold out. I hope they’re restocked soon so WoW’s mission can continue and I can do some more shopping.
________________

I was invited by Work of Worth to be among the bloggers who chose favorite items as part of its online Curated Collections.

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment