Friday, August 15, 2014

Words for your weekend


The Internet is full of much stuff. Some of it's good. Some it's offensive. And, well, I could go on and on. But I've read some good stuff lately that I believe is worth sharing. Below I'm just going to share some favorite quotes from each post, but they're worth reading in full if you're looking for some encouragement this weekend.

Because, really, there's some good stuff out there.


When You Ache Because of the World's Suffering by Kristen Strong

"... and she helps me clean up the mess before fetching me a new carton of blueberries. One soul can do that for another, help you through the mess. She can reflect Jesus Who is a helper, not a hinderer, Who is a burden-easer and shame-defyer. And what’s more, our Savior does this for all of us. He puts everything right again."


What Really Defines Motherhood by Kayse Pratt

"You are a momma. Nothing can change that. It’s not defined by the way your baby comes into this world, or how you feed that baby, or what material you use to catch their poop.

Can we get off our cause-driven soapboxes and agree on this one thing? God has made us mommas. He has filled us with wisdom and intuition and an intense, desperate, all-consuming love. We would do anything for our babies. God has given your child to you, and given you to your child. Your place as his momma is a divine appointment, and you can trust that He didn’t make a mistake!

Our stories are different. Our decisions are different. And that’s okay."


Public, Private, Or Home School? How Moms Can Support Each Other Regardless by Kim Hyland

"As Christian parents, our methods may vary, but we share the same goal: to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Keeping that common end goal in sight enables us to stay focused and determined as we walk out all the ups and downs of our education choices. Moreover, it frees us to support our fellow moms in their choices."


Other words I've read lately have come from books, both of which I highly recommend ...


"Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes" by Shauna Niequist

"Life at the table is life at its best to me, and the spiritual significance of what and how we eat, and with whom and where, is new and profound to me every day. I believe God is here among us, present and working." 


"Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity" by Jen Hatmaker

"He often healed people first; they believed second. If I’m wrong, the worst thing that could happen is that some desperate people are cared for, and I’m guessing Jesus will look the other way. He seems to favor unmerited grace. To me, this is a wheat-and-weeds issue, and since that’s not my call to make, I’ll just err on the side of mercy and let Jesus sort it out at the harvest."

Happy weekend, friends! Have you read anything good?
________

Want more stories? Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment