Wednesday, July 2, 2014

How God Build My Faith & Family


Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood is an online community my friend Jen Ferguson has poured her heart into. She has a vision for women to encourage women through the hard seasons of life. For me, infertility was a hard season. It's a story I shared last week at Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood.

What came next is my favorite testimony of God's faithfulness.
________

After 22 months of trying to conceive, my husband and I decided to turn our attention, energy and money to adoption. We had absolutely no idea what that mean or how that would work, but I had more peace than I’d had in the whole let’s-have-a-family journey.

During that season of infertility, I constantly cried, yelled, prayed and hoped: “God, please help us become pregnant.”

Yes, I wondered if God – the giver of life – was hearing me. I would soon find out he most certainly was hearing the desires of my heart.

We began the adoption process, tackling it one conversation, phone call, and prayer at a time. I was tired of recounting the timeline of infertility and putting on a strong face with the professionals, so we decided not to apply to an adoption agency. We decided to just wait and see. Gradually, we told people about our desire to adopt. We started with friends and family as well doctors and attorneys in our small town.

Then two months later, on Christmas Eve 2006, we were at my parents’ house and my sister and her now-husband told us about an 18-year-old girl they knew who wanted to find a family to adopt her baby. Not quite a month later, we saw our daughter via ultrasound and named her Catherine Anna on the way back to Murray, Kentucky, from Bloomington, Indiana.

We were naming her after my mom and Greg’s grandma, but God orchestrated a detail to remind us he cares: Catherine is the birth mom’s middle name. Other details reminded us God was in control, authoring a story for our family.


{Read the rest of this story at Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood.}
________

I'm also linking up this story with Holley Gerth's Coffee for Your Heart and Jennifer Dukes Lee's #TellHisStory.

Want more stories? Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

5 comments:

  1. Kathleen Guire7/02/2014 9:00 AM

    Such an awesome story! I love the last line, "God was in control, authoring a story for our family". I understand. It is so difficult to see that in the middle of the wilderness, huh? Thanks for sharing. Your story will encourage others to adopt and let God direct their steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor7/02/2014 9:04 AM

    Thanks, Kathleen! It's never a story I expected, but one I'm so glad to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great story of God's faithfulness. Glad to connect with you from Tell His Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor7/02/2014 4:59 PM

    Thanks, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative and unique tips dear. Thanks for sharing :)
    Lovely Read!
    http://bit.ly/1shyE5P
    http://bit.ly/1BJgTSl

    ReplyDelete