Thursday, April 24, 2014

{Compassion International} Help us celebrate!

Alexandres in Bolivia shares my birthday. She'll turn 4 and I'll turn 35 on May 3. Honestly, I'm still one of those strange adults who likes my birthday. I like to reflect on my life and celebrate the life I'm living.

I want Alexandres to be able to do the same.

If she's sponsored through Compassion International for $38 a month, Alexandres will get healthy food and clean water, receive immunizations for major diseases, be taught how to receive regular health and dental exams, have an opportunity to study at school and learn life skills, learn how to build relationships, see the love of Christ demonstrated through staff and sponsors.

To live a life worth celebrating, Alexandres needs to know she's loved and valued. Hopefully she already knows that from the love of her family in Bolivia, but have some medical, educational and spiritual care would help deliver the message.

Plus her sponsor can deliver the message of love and support through the letters exchanged with her. Sponsors also receive updated pictures and information from the Compassion-supported church/school where the child is involved.

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with CompassionCompassion Sunday is coming up. This annual event draws the church's attention to the needs of the world's poorest children, like Alexandres. Compassion Sunday is May 4 -- the day after Alexandres and I celebrate our birthdays. I'm hoping she has a sponsor by then because I'm not sure anything would make a grander gift.

Will you consider sponsoring Alexandres? If so, click here for more information. Or maybe you'd like to find a child who shares a birthdate with your child or is from a country you already love. That's wonderful too. You can find other children to sponsor here.
________

Want more stories? Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment