Thursday, April 3, 2014

Come Alive While Waiting



Waiting is hard, yet it is something we all do. Every day, many times a day, really.

We wait for lights to turn green. We wait for people to return calls and extend invitations. We wait for the mail to be delivered. We wait for dinner to be ready and bedtime to come. We wait for the next season and the next adventure. We wait for babies to be born, job promotions to come, sickness to pass, people to understand what we meant, the necessary finances to come.

We wait.

Waiting was a theme in God making a momma. My husband and I tried for two years to get pregnant. The waiting broke my heart, but I have since learned I didn't approach that season in the way God intended.

I waited for a positive pregnancy test like I was wasting my time. I didn't draw near to God or seek out truth in the moment.

Recently, I was reading about Ruth waiting for Boaz to resolve the matter of caring for her and her mother-in-law, Naomi, in the proper way. In "Take Refuge," a study of Ruth, authors Lara Williams and Katie Orr write about how waiting is active. "Wait" means to "bind," which is interesting to remember while reading Isaiah 40:30-31:

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

What if while waiting we were binding ourselves to the Lord?

{Read the rest over at my friend Jenn Hand's Coming Alive blog ...}
________

Jenn Hand recently released "31 Days to Coming Alive in Christ," a fabulous devotional that will make you laugh, embrace your real life, and find Christ in your everyday moments. This post was inspired by Day 7 in the book. You can order "31 Days to Coming Alive" at Amazon. It's well worth the $3.99. Read my review here.

Want more stories? Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment