Friday, November 15, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} Tree

I've missed the Five Minute Friday link ups. It's been since August since I joined and even then that was the first one since May. Geez. But here I am. I wrote for five minutes last night when Lisa-Jo Baker offered a sneak peek to the word on Twitter. I should mention I wrote for five minutes while laying on the couch and watching "Grey's Anatomy." 

Five minutes. Just write. And then share. This week's word is TREE. 

I'm a summer girl. Give me hot days over snow. Days spent at the pool have always been among my favorite. I don't drink coffee or hot tea but give me a fruit slush or snow cone.

And then fall comes. And I love it. I look out my front door and see the tree. The one that arches over my yard. The one that welcomes mini vans and kids and bikes and strollers. The one that changes to a beautiful yellow and sends its leaves to carpet the ground.

And then the temperature dropped and the winds blew fiercely. All the leaves were down. The tree was bare.

Time is escaping my grasp. This season is blurring over into the next. And I'm reminded to embrace this day and this season and that tree.
________

Want to join hundreds of writers? Please do. Write and then link up over at Lisa-Jo's encouraging placeWant more stories? Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'. Subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

4 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite time and I find it so hard to slow down and embrace each season for the beautiful that is in it. Thanks for the reminder that we need to enjoy it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor11/16/2013 10:08 AM

    Thanks, Amy. It's such a blessing when God reminds me in little ways about big truths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall...and I always feel like it goes by way too quickly. Such a sweet reminder to enjoy each day, each moment. Every season has its sweetness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor11/18/2013 1:02 PM

    Indeed, Mel. Hope you and your family are enjoying your fall!

    ReplyDelete