Friday, November 1, 2013

{Adoption} Wanted



November is National Adoption Awareness Month. I never imagined adoption would be part of my life, but now it's the theme of some of my favorite stories in our family. So I'm going to tell you about some of these stories and introduce you to others throughout this month.

I like themes, so I wanted one for this month's posts. There are words like "chosen" and "beloved" that always come to me when I think about adoption. {Those two words are the titles of each of my kids' adoption story baby books. And I didn't even plan the adjectives to be alliterative to their names on purpose!} But I wanted a new word for this round of stories.

And it came to me when I became slightly obsessed with a Dara Maclean song I kept hearing on the radio: Wanted.


You can listen above, but here are the words from the song that is often turned on around here:

From the day you were born
And took your first breath
You opened your eyes and in came the light
He was watching you
But all of your life you couldn't shake the lies in your head
Saying you're a mistake
Oh but you were made
By a God who knows your name
He doesn't make mistakes

{Chorus}
You are wanted
To every broken heart, He stands with open arms
You are wanted
To every searching soul, look to the rising sun
If you're lonely, hurting, gone too far
To the outcast you come as you are
For you, you are wanted, you, you are wanted
You, you are wanted, you, you are wanted

Let this be the day that joy takes the place
Of all of the years that shame tried to steal away
He is calling you
Lift your eyes to see His face
Come run into the arms of grace

{Chorus}

You, you have been marked
You're set apart
And He calls you His
So you don't have to search
Don't have to look for where you belong

You are wanted
{"Wanted" by Dara Maclean}

It's true of all of us. God loves and wants us. He adopts us into his kingdom family forever. Earthly adoption is such a powerful peek into the gospel message of what God did and does for us.

This month's series will include a few guest posts, links to resources my family loves, information on ways to help orphans even if you aren't called to adopt, and plenty of stories that reveal God's faithfulness. Let's celebration adoption together!
________

This is the first in a series of adoption posts this month. You can find them all here, as they are published throughout the month. 

Want more stories? Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'. Subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment