Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How I am replacing Google Reader and FeedBurner

Goodbye, Google Reader. Your departure makes me sad. You've been with me since I started following blogs many years ago. You've let me categorize and organize and star words I've loved. I liked the simple interface and your user-friendly ways.

I felt a little lost in cyberspace when I heard I needed to find a replace for Google Reader before it shuts down on July 1. {And I'm having a hard time believing July begins next week!}

In the last few months, I've started using Bloglovin' as Google Reader's replacement. I like it, even though it's not the same. You, Bloglovin', make it convenient to share posts via Twitter and Facebook. Organizing my blogs into categories is easy to do and marking blogs or categories as read is an effective option. And, honestly, I like the mobile version better than the desktop version.

Follow on BloglovinIf you're looking for a replacement, I do recommend Bloglovin', which will let you import all your Google Reader subscriptions with just a couple clicks. And, hey, while you're there, you can go ahead and follow 152 Insights to My Soul.

A few of you, well, okay, two dozen of you, get my posts in your inbox via FeedBurner. This is sadly also a Google product that is going away next week. I've transferred these subscriptions to MailChimp. You should get my new posts in your inbox like usual, but let me know if you are one of these couple dozen readers who has been receiving "Insights in Your Inbox" but suddenly you aren't anymore. Anyone can subscribe here to get new posts emailed.

Any questions? I may or may not be able to answer them!
________

Want more stories? Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'. Subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment