Friday, April 19, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} Jump!

Aug. 9, 2011. Ben was still more than 3 months from turning 2, but jumping didn't scare him.

I'm participating in Five Minute Friday, a link-up writing prompt at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. This week the prompt is "Jump ..." I used five minutes in the pick-up car line at my daughter's school to write this. It's funny to me the word is "Jump" because just yesterday I posted about jumping into the lake

Five minutes starts now. 

GO ...


Five Minute FridayMy life is punctuated with more dashes, commas and periods than exclamation points. I just don't literally jump around much. I don't like to be the center of attention, cause potential embarrassment to myself, or dance.

That doesn't mean I don't feel joy.

I remember when I was a kid negotiating with myself after whether I'd go off the high dive. I was like a fish, but I was a little nervous about the free fall from way up there.

I did. And I did it again and again. Summer after summer. I even bungy jumped while tethered to my husband many years later after I convinced myself to go up that ladder to the high dive. Sometimes joy is like that. It comes after some persuasion and choices.

Now I watch my kids, especially my boy, jump right in to the water. And life. They don't have fear like I did when I was their age. And that makes me want to jump.



STOP.

Want to join us? Here are Lisa-Jo's rules: 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Please visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about.

________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. I smiled as soon as I saw your picture! Bungy jumping...I can't imagine. I think I'd rather jump into that murky water. hehe. Loved what you wrote, as always. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor4/19/2013 5:03 PM

    Isn't it funny we're having two jumping conversation two days in a row?! :) Thanks for your kind words. Hope you're having a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KristinHillTaylor4/19/2013 5:03 PM

    Thanks for visiting and for your comment, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bungy jumping...that's one adventure I haven't had yet. You go girl! Love this post, too. :) Happy weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KristinHillTaylor4/19/2013 5:26 PM

    We were in Queenstown, New Zealand, where commercial bungy jumping started, so I couldn't resist. :)

    ReplyDelete