Friday, April 5, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} After


I'm participating in Five Minute Friday, a link-up writing prompt at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. This week the prompt is "After..." 

Five minutes starts now. 

GO ...

Five Minute FridayAfter almost three hours at the park with a friend, I'm sitting in the quiet of my house. The only sound is the "A for Adoption" album playing from iTunes here at my lap top. {You should go check it out on Noisetrade.} One kid is sleeping and the other is watching a movie in the other room.

After 10 1/2 of years of marriage, I'm in my favorite season of life yet. I like it here and excited about what's next. The first decade was good, but it was harder than these days. I feel like Greg and I are in sync with each other.

After three years, I still wish my kids had their Granddaddy. We're going to visit my father-in-law's grave at a cemetery not too far from our house tomorrow, the anniversary of the day he died unexpectedly. If ever there was a human ready for heaven, it was Gary.

After two adoption stories that were clearly orchestrated by God, we're in a season of waiting. We're unsure of what steps we should take. We believe God has a plan to grow our family, but there is paperwork and costs and we're at a point of wanting to evaluate what {if anything ...} we should do.

After almost a full week of Spring Break, I haven't gotten as many projects done as I had hoped, but I've really enjoyed my kids. Seems like I got the better end of that. I also picked up a freelance writing job.

Sometimes we're in the before waiting for the after. And other days we're appreciating the after. Both the before and after are necessary for this journey through life.


STOP.

Want to join us? Here are Lisa-Jo's rules: 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Please visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about.

________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post! My favorite part was the last three sentences. We are on a journey, and each moment is special, both in the before and the after. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor4/05/2013 3:37 PM

    Thanks for your comment. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley Osborn4/05/2013 3:46 PM

    Thank you for sharing! God bless you on your journey of adoption. :) My husband and I hope to do the same in a few years. Just waiting on God's timing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor4/05/2013 3:48 PM

    Our first two adoptions were such amazing experiences that remind me time and time again of God's faithfulness. I hope you have that kind of faith-building experience with yours. Thanks for visiting, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your take on this, Kristen, and learning more about your story...pray that God will guide you and your husband...Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. KristinHillTaylor4/05/2013 4:30 PM

    Thanks, Dolly. Isn't it fun to see what one word prompts in people's minds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and I will continue to pray about your adoption journey as you make choices and trust in God's plan for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. KristinHillTaylor4/05/2013 4:36 PM

    Thanks, Kristin. Your prayers are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete