Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weekend Words

Worshiping Like a Child by Mary Carver on (in)courage :: This captures surrender in such a real way for me, someone who hesitates to raise her hands in worship and hates to speak in front of a crowd.

What if you don't know what your God-sized dream is? :: I first met Holley Gerth's words on greeting cards. I've gotten to know them better through her blog and her Dream Team. Her words are kind, nudging, true, and consistent. These were especially sweet to me, even though I don't feel like I'm in a place of struggling to dream with God. Even so, the reminder to keep it simple resonated with me: "Jesus said the two most important things in life are this: Love God, love people. That's true of every God-sized dream. So if you're not sure what words or goals to put to your dream yet, start there."

Breaking Through the Wall of Perfection :: Truth and community are the best tools to combat perfection. I couldn't agree more, Laurie Wallin! Thanks for being real with your words.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! Thanks for including me in this. I've really been enjoying this month of breakthrough so far. Hoping and praying it will come along with some much-longed-for breakthrough in my daughter's life here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying with you! We serve a mighty God!

      Delete
  2. I have been reading The “Do What You Can” Plan: 21 Days to Making Any Area of Your Life Better and oh my this is going to be life changing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it right before I read "No More Perfect Moms." Whew. Talk about so much to think about it! God is certainly using both in my life, which is hard and good. :)

      Delete