Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{No More Perfect Moms} An Introduction

I hope you had a merry Christmas and have enjoyed being with family and friends. We still have celebrating to do, but I wanted to share this perfect {oh, the irony ...} opportunity for moms as the year new approaches.


Sometimes crafts are harder than they should be. More often than I care to admit, things just slip my mind and my daughter is just waiting nearby {literally} for me to remember to put batteries in her Vtech Vreader. Some days I run late to meet a friend -- something that irritates me even though I know the massive line at the Post Office or traffic down the main strip through our small town is completely out of my control.

One day last week I let my kids watch "Gnome and Juliet" twice in the same day. I recently accidentally wrecked our mini van. I yell when I should whisper. I let circumstances dictate my mood instead of choosing joy. I talk when I should listen. I react with my emotions when I should consider logic.

These and many, many more reasons are why I'm thrilled to read "No More Perfect Moms" by Jill Savage. As if a book that seems to be written for me isn't enough, I also have the opportunity to be part of Jill's launch team. I've mentioned the book before. I'm talking about it now. And this won't be the last time.

I've started reading "No More Perfect Moms" {ah, perks of the launch team!} and the first chapter had me jotting down notes:

"We compare out messy insides -- our struggles, our failures, our less-than-perfect lives -- to other women's carefully cleaned-up, perfect-looking outsides."

And then Jill goes on to write about how media {TV, magazines, social media, etc.} complicate the issue.

"The hard part of this comparison game is that we aren't comparing ourselves to reality. The photos are Photoshopped and airbrushed, the stories are edited, and the guarantee of perfection is overpromised in order to sell magazines."

That's not real life. In the following chapters, Jill discusses how to love your real life without perfect kids, bodies, marriages, friends, days and homes.

If you're a mom who has ever felt exhausted, stressed, anxious, overworked, insecure, unsure, or busy {OK, so, any mom, really ...}, you should consider a couple things related to this book.

1. Sign up for Jill Savage's "No More Perfect Moms" 31-Day Email Challenge. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic way to start the new year. You don't have to have the book {which doesn't release until February anyway} to be part of this. Click here to sign up so you can start receiving real-life encouragement in your inbox on Jan. 1.

2. Don't buy the book yet, but get ready to do so Feb. 4-9. Along with the release of "No More Perfect Moms," Hearts at Home and Moody Publishers will offer additional bonus resources worth more than $100 if you order/buy the book anytime Feb. 4-9. Click here to learn more about this and sign up to be reminded of the release date.

3. Visit "No More Perfect Moms" website. This is where you can share stories, learn more about the book, and view motherhood resources.

And now I need to go wipe off the kitchen table again. That yogurt that was squirted on it just didn't come up the first time and I keep putting my arm down in the stickiness.
________

A PDF copy of "No More Perfect Moms" was provided to me as part of the book's launch team, but I've been excited about this book for awhile and these comments are mine. Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter or Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment