Wednesday, November 14, 2012

To Charleston we go ...


After my girl gets home from school this afternoon, we'll be heading to Charleston, S.C.! It's crazy to me we're headed to this city I love for the second time in five months. But we love road trips and our Racers are playing in the Charleston Classic. Plus my aunt and uncle live just a couple hours from there, so we'll spend some time with them too. And both my mom and my mother-in-law are going with us {hello, mini van ...} so the kids, especially, will soak up time with both grandmas, at the same time.

Truthfully, after three months of full-time school for the first time in our lives, this trip is coming at a good time for us, especially my girl and me. It'll be good to get away, be together, root on our Racers, spend time with family, explore the city, and eat good seafood. It's kind of like a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, except I'm going to eat fish instead of turkey the next few days and we'll watch basketball instead of football. 
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter or Instagram. There are sure to be pictures of us, at least the kids, as we enjoy our time in Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment