Sunday, November 25, 2012

{Road trip} The Numbers


 In the first 32 hours of our trip, I asked my kids to ride five hours then sleep in a hotel before riding six more hour to watch basketball for 5 1/2 hours one evening.


668 miles from our house in Murray, Ky., to Charleston, S.C. The party of eight included my family of four, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my aunt and uncle. Together we rooted for two teams -- Murray State and St. John's -- who played each other once.



And this was our second trip there in five months.


Two trips to the Charleston City Market. Several Christmas present purchased.


Two delicious seafood meals -- one at Hyman's Seafood and the other at Charleston Crab House, both of which have UH-MA-ZING hush puppies.


 Two victories for Murray State and one loss for a second-place finish in the Charleston Classic.


One night in a hotel, three nights in a vacation rental house and one night at my aunt and uncle's house on a lake.


Zero days of sunshine.


 One day spent at Lake Murray, S.C., where my aunt and uncle live. One boat ride included.
________

More photos are posted on Facebook. You can read all my Charleston-inspired posts here. Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter or Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment