Sunday, November 21, 2010

Celebrating Ben!

Even though I'm happy to be here, this place sneaked up on me. As I look at that picture of three of us, I think back to my favorite picture from the day Ben was born. Nearly a year ago. Ben is 1, almost. And we celebrated yesterday, on a beautiful day with family and friends.

Outside.

Seriously.

Isn't November a strange month? I had to wear gloves a couple weeks ago, and then I hosted an outdoor birthday party and let my son eat cake while wearing only a diaper.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, though.

And just look at this cake? It was as delicious as it was cute.

The kids loved the bouncy house we borrowed from a friend. Ben liked his first-ever dessert. And we enjoyed being with the family and friends who had some free time, despite the busyness of the holidays that has already begun.

Our tailgate birthday party was followed by Murray State's season-ending football game. Then after a short rest time, we met friends for dinner, where Ben had his second-ever dessert, before going to the Murray State basketball game.

1 comment:

  1. I love how it's November and it looks like June. What a beautiful boy - so excited for his life.

    ReplyDelete