Tuesday, January 5, 2010

waking and sleeping

Ben was wide-eyed at the Murray State game last night.


Honestly, Ben has slept good from the beginning, meaning he'd eat every three hours (or so ...) and then go back to sleep. And, thankfully, I have a husband who takes turns with late-night or early-morning feedings.

Even so, sleeping through the night is my goal for my son. And the sooner the better.

My point of reference is 10 weeks. I know it's possible then because that's when Cate started sleeping "through the night." She was 10 weeks to the day when she slept 10:30 p.m. to 5:50 a.m. I remember she would occasionally not make it through the night, but by 10 weeks she didn't need a middle-of-the-night bottle so we would just urge her back to sleep if she woke up before "morning."

Well, Ben did it. On the day he was six weeks old. He slept from 10:15 p.m. to 5:40 a.m. Here's to hoping to more nights of that, and then gradually longer nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment