Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9.9.09

I've been thinking about nines for the last few days, trying to come up with a subject for my 9.9.09 post. But I haven't really come up with anything.

I asked Greg about well-known nines. He mentioned nine innings of a baseball game. It also should be noted we were watching a baseball game when he said this.

Then I thought about nine lives of a cat. But, you know, I'm allergic to cats and they don't really have nine lives. So, needless to say, that thought didn't go far.

What about the ninth president of the United States? William Henry Harrison. Yeah, I don't much about him, really. Now I just have that song in my head ... "George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson ... "

That U.S. presidents song always makes me then think about "Fifty nifty, United States, from 13 original colonies ..." Hmmm ... the ninth state: New Hampshire. Yeah, again, not much to say there. I haven't been there. I do have a friend who went to college there.

So, yeah, nines. Nothing is really coming to me.

I don't even care that digitally remastered versions of The Beatles songs came out today. Wouldn't have even mattered if it was The Rolling Stones.

I worked at a newspaper when it was 7.7.07. I guess nationally lots of people got married. It was a Saturday. But I never found a great local story. Truth be told, I probably got distracted by some breaking news. Drama with some local government or court case. Something far more interesting to me.

Now I'm a stay-at-home mom. My 2-year-old daughter can count to nine. Well, really, past nine.

I do like multiples of three, for some reason, well, really, no reason. Nine qualifies. Maybe it just means today is going to be a good day.

EDITED ... because I really need to add that I just learned (at 9 p.m.) that September and Wednesday each have nine letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment