Wednesday, May 13, 2009

this week's news blurbs

* Cate had her 2-year check-up appointment yesterday. She weighs 28 pounds 2 ounces (almost the 75 percentile) and is 36.5 inches tall (just above the 95 percentile). The nurse practitioner said many babies are long, but if they're still tall when they turn 2, then they're probably on their way to being tall.

* We chose an adoption agency, through which we hope to connect with a birth mom. It's called Gladney Center of Adoption and is based in Fort Worth, TX. After some research online and telephone calls to three agencies, I was leaning toward this one.

One detail that made me hesitant about Gladney was the all-day orientation we'd have to attend in Fort Worth. While looking over the notes I took during a phone conversation with someone from Gladney, I realize she told me the orientations were scheduled the third Friday of each month. Turns out, we already have a trip planned to San Antonio in July ... and the third Friday of July falls at the end of our vacation. So, if things go as expected, we'll go to an orientation in Fort Worth then, and even have childcare available because we're going to Texas with Greg's parents, brothers and sisters-in-law.

I like it when a plan comes together ... especially when it's really two plans intersecting! I think about this and smile because I believe God knew what he was doing when he put Texas in our summer plans.

* I decided to have a yard sale in June to raise money for our adoption. I realize a yard sale isn't going to pay for the adoption, but, hey, something is better than nothing. Stay tuned for more details on that.

* I started reading "8th Confession" by James Patterson. I must say, reading about Lindsay Boxer, Cindy Thomas, Claire Washburn and the gang makes me miss the show that was based on these characters. It also makes me wonder why some shows make it and others don't.

1 comment: