Sunday, June 15, 2008

The beach!


We spent the past week at the beach, specifically Hilton Head Island, S.C. The seven days there went entirely too fast. Most of our time was spent on the beach or at the pool in the backyard of the house we rented. I probably should clarify that we is more than just the three of us. My parents, brother, niece, sister and brother-in-law also went. I'll let the following pictures, and there are many pictures, do most of the storytelling.


Aunt Cassie out-napped Cate on the way there! She started out by demonstrating how to nap, and ended getting pretty comfortable herself. Cate isn't used to having people in the backseat with her, so I think she felt obligated to entertain. That's OK because she slept great (both at naptime and overnight) once we were there.

I'll just tell you that Cate was all about the beach. She loved the water, both the pool and the ocean. She liked to jump the waves or be thrown into them as they were breaking on shore. Obviously, we didn't let go of her while playing these games! She crawled on the sand without hestitation and enjoyed exploring.








Cate wasn't so sure about Aunt Cassie wearing her sunglasses!


I absolutely love this picture of Greg and Cate. I think Cate's sweet spirit really shows through.


Cate wanted to walk. We started the week giving her both our hands to hold onto, but she ended up just needing one finger. She's very close to walking!




Greg and Cate are posing at the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse. And here's the lighthouse itself ...



MORE BEACH PICTURES ...


This is the path we took to get to the beach. The house we rented was just the second row of houses from the beach.


I'll start by telling you that we don't know these people, but I loved how all five of them were sitting in identical chairs reading. Speaking of reading, I did my share. I read "Betrayal" by John Lescroart, "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" by Ann Packer and "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming" by Joshilyn Jackson. I also started "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.







I love morning walks on the beach -- and, no, that's not a terrible description of my interests for a personal ad! I really do. I love how the beach is quiet and close to empty. So Cate and I, and usually Mom, and one time Greg, went on walks. One morning Milla went with us, and GREATLY enjoyed pushing Cate!



ON TO THE POOL ...










From the pool, we could see this big window in the house, so Cate and Milla liked to wave at whoever was outside when they came down from their naps. I caught Milla playing Peek-a-boo!

MORE OF MY FAMILY ...







Cassie and I unknowingly put on the same colored shirt. We thought it was picture worthy, and then noticed the sign that was going to make it into the shot!



The guys enjoyed Kevin's Wii. It was the first time Dad had played.


Cassie and Milla are good at making funny faces!

COMING SOON: Greg and I took a day trip to Charleston, so I still have some pictures to post from that.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!! What an awesome trip! When we travel we go with the entire family too, I love it! I love all the pics..Cate on the beach.. too cute! I am jealous Annie has never been to the beach...mommy has never been to Hilton Head!!
    Can't wait to these scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time. Your pics are awesome. I love, love, LOVE the one of Cate by herself (the first one) sitting in the sand. The lighting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed. You've been home not even 2 days and you already have a post with categorized pictures and captions. That usually takes me a week to get everything organized! (I still don't have all the pictures from our New Mexico trip :) )

    I really like the picture of Cate and Greg standing on the beach. And I also think the one of Milla in the pool is adorable. And the one of you and Cassie with the same colored shirt on...and the sign...that's something we (my sisters and I) would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a blast! Can't wait to see you guys over July 4th!

    ~Serenity

    ReplyDelete