Tuesday, April 1, 2008

On April Fools' Day ...

I'm dreaming, not joking.

This post about dreams was inspired by Cathy, who like me prefers to dream rather than give or receive practical jokes. So, to April Fools' Day ... and everything that could combine for a perfect day in my dreamy world.

beach-front condo with a balcony;
diet strawberry limeades from Sonic;
handwritten letters from dear friends;
movie popcorn;
endless ideas of scrapbooking layouts;
and the pile of pictures to use;
Cate's giggles;
foot massages;
a page-turner mystery
by James Patterson or Catherine Coulter;
long walks that don't seem long
because the conversation is so good;
card-playing friends;
perfectly grilled kabobs;
slight sunburn that turns to tan;
flip flops;
clean sheets that are initially cool on my feet;
Aveda's hand lotion;
baseball games
with sunshine a slight breeze;
a movie that makes me laugh and cry;
pontoon boats on the lake;
cinnamon rolls;
snuggling under a soft blanket on the couch;
picnics;
taking pictures of the small moments ...

5 comments:

  1. This was a ray of sunshine in my dreary day. I can't wait until summer!

    I enjoy reading blogs from people I know, but many of my friends rarely write. I'll visit often and leave you comments! I wish I had more time for blogging. I enjoy writing, but can't always find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just smell so many of the things on your dream list--the beach, the strawberry limeade, clean sheets, Aveda lotion, even the baseball games. You made me want summer even more! (Although summer in my neighborhood smells a lot like Gyros since we live in Greektown!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore the fact that I just spelled my own last name wrong. I've only had it for a year and a half. Geez...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think I'd have to include everything on your list on my list!

    Well, except the baseball games. I'd insert a beautiful day at the park with family instead.

    How fun!

    ReplyDelete