Friday, September 21, 2007

It's official!


We had our final adoption hearing in court yesterday afternoon. It was an informal formality. We know both our attorney and the family court judge. While addressing Judge Mattingly, I accidentally called him Rob because that's how I know him. And then our attorney, Rick, stopped the formalities one time to take a picture of Cate because she apparently looked especially cute laying on my lap chewing on the stuffed bear that the court clerk gave her.



Then we had friends and family over last night to celebrate Cate. We grilled 32 burgers and only had one left by the time the party was over. My family wasn't able to come -- that's what I get for planning a party on a Thursday night -- so they sent those pretty flowers pictured above.

2 comments:

  1. oh that's wonderful news!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have been there! We are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete