Sunday, May 20, 2007

Perfection


I've gotten to show her off a little bit this weekend. I mean, what do you expect at Wal-mart in a small town? Taking her to church was also nice today. (The trip to church also marked the first time she was dressed in something other than a onsie, gown or sleeper!)

During the worship songs, I was thinking about how many times over the past couple of years I asked God about his timing for a baby. And today I remembered how his timing is perfect, and the baby girl I was holding in my arms is perfect for us. I've said before, this adoption process was filled with more peace than I've ever had. I finally can begin to grasp "... the peace of God, which transcends all understanding." And I see God's blessing alive in Cate when I look into her dark eyes, hold her tiny but long finger, or feel her rest her soft head on my shoulder.

If I'm not holding Cate, the next best thing is watching Greg with her. She's enjoying his company too.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the best things about motherhood--falling in love with your husband all over again when you see what a loving father he is. :)

    ReplyDelete