Monday, April 30, 2007

... with space to swing your arms around ...

It's the last day of April. And tomorrow will begin my favorite day of the year.

May is the best, and not just because my birthday is later this week. May is just a beautiful month. It's still sometimes spring (cool nights), but really I know summer is almost here. Baseball is in full swing. And my swing just calls my name constantly. Walks are a bit more intense with the sweat that comes quickly. Fruit at the grocery store looks good and then tastes even better when I get it home. And it's easy to persuade Greg to grill (especially now that he got a new grill for his birthday).

And this year we're expecting a baby.

I was watching a rerun of "Grey's Anatomy" today. (I'm telling you, a show is beyond good when I can watch it over and over, even though I know Meredith Grey will not blow up. She'll pull out the homemade bomb from a guy's body and then Dylan the bomb squad guy blows up. Happened the first time. Happened when I first bought the second season on DVD. And happened again today while I was eating dinner.) Anyway, I think that episode has some of the best quotes and music of all the episodes. Well, at least as far as I remember.

One of my favorite songs is in there during some of the most intense scenes: ... if I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to. And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd 'cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud, and I know that you'll use them, however you want to ... That's "2 a.m." by Anna Nalick.

And then while some of the plot lines are twisting together like that show does so well, this other beautiful song with beautiful words is playing: There are no guarantees in life -- not for the present, nor for the future. All I know is that I'm here -- don't know for how long. I love the way you live so intensely, enjoy every minute of life, with space to swing your arms around ... That's "Unlike Me" by Kate Havnevik, and I've blogged about it before. And looking back, it's interesting to see life at work. God really does take care of us.

So happy May to you. And I hope you're enjoying your life as much as I'm loving mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment