Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Worth Repeating Wednesday

Few things define us more than how we struggle. When we struggle through the crisis with God all the way to the blessing, we are gloriously redefined.

--Beth Moore in "The Patriarchs"

I don't feel like I'm struggling now. But I did struggle. And I'm sure I will again. I clearly remember how I struggled to understand what being a wife means. Then I struggled again on my journey to motherhood.

Each time God let me struggle, covered my mistakes with grace, and gave me opportunities to embrace who I was (and am) becoming.

I feel blessed. The big things like getting closer to adopting our second child and preparing to move across town are obvious blessings. Then more ordinary things like having a toddler who doesn't wear diapers during the day and usually doesn't wet her pants as well as the sunshine in the fall make me thankful. There are walks and talks with my closest nearest friend and phone calls and texts with my closest farther friend that remind me that God cares about with whom we share our lives.

And, thankfully, through it all -- struggles and blessings -- I can be redefined moment by moment.

1 comment:

  1. wow... another post that speaks to me tonight. thanks for sharing. BTW we have an official contract on the house now. waiting on inspection and appraisal to see if it will REALLY sell. Hoping to know a few answers in the next 3 weeks... :)

    ReplyDelete