Friday, February 12, 2016

Limit {a Five Minute Friday post}

I saw this week's Five Minute Friday prompt last night and had absolutely no thoughts about what I would write. When I came back to it this morning, I still wasn't sure what I was going to write, but I started the timer anyway. 

LIMIT. Five minutes. Just write. And then link up with Kate Motaung and her crew.

Ready, set, go ...  


For far too long I’ve limited God with the box in which I’ve housed him. I made plans and wondered why God was interrupting them. I set expectations that wouldn’t bend with life’s changes.

And then I learned that’s no way to live.

I mean, I learned it in my head. I still work on learning in my heart.

But I know limiting God is pointless. I know when I stopped pursuing adoption the third time and started seeking the One who makes families, he heard my desire and fulfilled it in his time – which was years after when I thought it was best. But I would have missed other people and places He’d called me to if I had a baby a few years ago. And that’s just what I know about through my limited view of the world.

God’s got a wide view and somehow manages to see it all – from then to now to what is to come.

An old friend found me on Facebook today and when we were messaging about our lives I told my life looks nothing like I expected but I love it anyway. The life I had planned surely would have limited God. Here I am, aware of my human ways, but wanting the Limitless One to take over. I want to hold on to Him tightly and everything – even my marriage and kids – loosely so I don’t limit what God wants to do in us and through us.

And stop.
_____________________

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment