Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Three Word Wednesday :: God is detailed

Looking back on what God has done in my life is always good for my soul. Lately, I've had lots of conversations with other women in the midst of their own adoption processes. Some are there for the first time, others have been there before. Regardless, I know how God works in the hearts of mommas preparing to open their homes to babies in this way.

A writer friend of mine recently posted on Facebook Psalm 116:7 :: "Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." She also talked about how this verse is where God had brought her after a long season of miscarriages and the more recent birth of her third child. 


I get it. I haven't had miscarriages, but I know the heartache of not understanding God's plan to grow my family. I know how waiting is hard. But I've learned God is faithful and hears the desires of our hearts. In his time, we get to understand more of the plan.

With that in mind, I thought I'd share an excerpt from my ebook, "Peace in the Process." Honestly, I just didn't have many new words for #ThreeWordWednesday and I needed this reminder myself. I hope it encourages you, whether or not you're in the midst of adoption. 
_____________________


At the time we were preparing for our second adoption, I studied “A Woman’s Heart” by Beth Moore with some ladies at church, learning about the Israelites’ experience building the Tabernacle and drawing parallels to the ways God dwells in his believers. God wanted the earthly Tabernacle to be a replica of a heavenly plan, so much so he instructed the Israelites how to build things, where to put them, and how to decorate them. Yes, our God is someone who appreciates and notices details. {Tweet that.}

Even knowing what God had done for us through Cate’s adoption, I clung to Beth Moore’s words:

God is detailed. He is not a God of generalities. He is a God of individuality. Do not let Satan convince you that God is not actively involved in the intricate design of your life. God has not missed a single stitch or left a stone unturned on your behalf; furthermore, His activity in the details of your life most often displays His glory and beauty.”

The same God builds families. He has different ways of doing so, but He’s the master planner of them all. And God has been in the business of making families for many generations. Beth Moore commented in one of the Bible study videos that every time God makes childlessness an issue in the Bible as he did with Elizabeth, Hannah and Sarah, he is preparing his people for a miracle.

Every time.

Pregnancy comes easily to so many people – some of whom take the life inside of them for granted. But Beth Moore gave me new perspective on this: This thing that comes so naturally to some came supernaturally to Greg and me. I was chosen to become a mom this way and in the process witnessed God’s glory in a unique way.

Like Elizabeth said in Luke 1:25, “The Lord has done this for me.” I wonder how I will see God’s glory the next time.
_____________________



   
An InLinkz Link-up
   
I'm linking up this post with Works for Me Wednesday because looking back on what God has done in my life definitely works for me! Kayse Pratt is hosting WFMW for Mary Carver. They're two of my favorite bloggers on the whole internet, so go meet them, if you haven't already. And then later I linked up with Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood, one of my other favorite places on the internet. 

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment