Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Rachel @ 4 months {and some #ThreeWordWednesday reflections}

I know, it’s #ThreeWordWednesday, and you’re expecting some insightful reflections on what God is teaching. But, honestly, I just don’t have them right now. I’ve been overwhelmed – in a good way, the kind of way that only comes from God – with what God has done.

We’re blessed beyond my wildest dreams – we’re a family of five knit together in God’s perfect way, my husband’s business is successful, we have a community of people who love us and share their lives with us.

With those blessings, comes great responsibility. Some days I know exactly what that looks like for us, and other days I feel like I’m floundering.


“… For everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”

A God-sized Dream friend sent me “Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World” by Kristen Welch as a delayed secret Santa gift. I say delayed, it was really right on time. Read the subtitle: How one family learned that saying no can lead to life’s biggest yes.

The book may rock my world. I feel like God is preparing us for … something. I just started reading it yesterday and was nodding in agreement that parenting can be hard because I believe God has called us to a different standard than the one our society teaches.

Beyond that, I just don’t have much. (Yet.) Well, actually, I have a million thoughts but many of them aren’t connected (yet …), so I’m going with the simple documentation of life today because my baby girl is 4 months now.

(I know, I don’t know how it’s possible either. But it’s true, as of yesterday.)


She’s still happy, smiley, and a good sleeper. And every day is evidence she is perfect for our family.

And by good sleeper I mean she’s been sleeping nine-hour stretches at night, usually from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. The last couple nights, she’s gone to bed around 8 p.m. and then I’ve fed her a couple hours after that. It’s what we like to call a dream feed because she doesn’t really even wake up, so that’s really more like an 11-hour stretch … good girl!

And by happy and smiley, I mean she is content as long as you have her bottles ready when she’s hungry. She’s been eating 6-7 ounces every 3-4 hours – which the nurse said was a lot. Hence the growth, I suppose: She weighs 14 pounds 7 ounces (that's double her birth weight!) and is 24 3/4 inches long.  She likes to babble, chew on anything, observe everyone and everything, and hang out on her play mat. She drools and spits up regularly.

She prefers being in the same room with people, which is why I think she prefers napping in her swing. She sleeps in her crib at night but had been rejecting the attempts to sleep in there during daytime hours, BUT the last couple days have included MULTIPLE NAPS IN HER BED.

She scoots some on her back and can roll from her belly to her back, but otherwise she’s still stationary. (I realize that could change in any moment.) I’m over carrying the car seat carrier thing, which is fine because she likes the wrap and the stroller.

That’s a glimpse into one of the greatest blessings of our lives. She’s little, but her life is mighty. She’s already changed me and I have the feeling God will use her for even more.

Look back on Rachel’s growth :: One month. Two months. Three months.
_____________________


_____________________

AND #ThreeWordWednesday friends, I had a Facebook party the other night and the giveaways are still open. Of course, come on over to my Facebook page, where the conversations are always open. Anyway, the giveaways will be open through today {Wednesday}, so be sure to enter to win! 

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment