Monday, May 19, 2014

Celebrating motherhood right where I am


I spent my first Mother's Day in a hotel room.

And there was nowhere else I wanted to be.

Before that there were days I wasn't sure I wanted to be a mom and days I didn't think I would get to be a mom. To finally have my baby girl in my arms was where I wanted to be, regardless of the physical location.

Cate was born one week before Mother's Day in a Bloomington, Indiana, hospital. My husband and I were there when the birth mother bravely delivered the 8-pound, 20-inch girl with a head of dark hair into our lives.

With an adoption comes paperwork and rules, so we couldn't leave Indiana until people in that state and our neighboring home state of Kentucky gave us the green light. That was eight days after I became a mom – and one day after celebrating my first Mother’s Day with my husband and week-old daughter as well as my own mom, brother, and sister.

Life seemed right – and not because Greg gave me some picture frames to house all the pictures we snapped of our newborn girl. After a long, emotional season of infertility, I finally knew the baby girl who God chose for Greg and me to raise. Cate is the reason I didn't get pregnant those nearly two years I cried out to God and wondered why I wasn't getting my way.

{Read the rest of this story at Jennifer Jackson Linck's blog, where I'm sharing how motherhood has given me perspective. Also be sure to go enter to win a fun prize pack of goodies!}
________

Want more stories? Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment